Followers

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

BG Cosmetics Once Upon a Time Collection

I'm a very bad blogger and I know it.

Since my last post, I moved seven hours away from the city I've lived in since I was five which, as you can imagine, involves a lot of work.  And it also involved me developing an anxiety disorder, so that is also pretty time consuming.

I've had these pictures sitting on my hard drive literally since like April and kept meaning to write this and never got around to it... Bad KiKi.

I'm a big time fangirl and at the moment, my obsession-du-jour is Once Upon a Time.  So, when I see a OUAT polish collection, I'm compelled to buy it.  I was going to use these to create a OUAT skittles mani...but when I started applying them, it all went downhill fast.

I only have one finger of each polish to show you.  When I saw the taco glitter in this, I was so upset!  I wanted so badly to love these so I could wear them all the time and watch reruns and read Reawakened and fangirl on Tumblr.





These are all one coat over Barielle Enduring.



First is Ruby Red Queen of Hearts - representing Ruby/Red Riding Hood and Cora.  Red is the obvious choice for these two, though when I picture Cora as the Queen of Hearts, I would've thought there'd be some heart glitter in there...but that's just me.  As you can see, there's a slight red tint to the base (I'm not sure if this is intentional or if it's bleeding glitter).  As I'm also sure you can see, there's a lot of curling in those bar glitters.


 This is Rumbelle, i.e. the "ship" of Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold and Belle.  Perfect color choices, obviously, for Mr. GOLD and Belle's iconic blue dress.  This is the only color of the collection I don't have a complaint with.  There was no bar glitter, so none of the curling issues, though the picture does make it seem otherwise.



This is Emma's Blue Fairy - for Emma Swan and the Blue Fairy/Mother Superior.  I don't particularly think of Emma's color as being blue, but it works.  Again, we see the blue tinted base and the same curling issues.



 Here is Sno Charming - for Snow/Mary Margaret and Charming/David Nolan.  I'm sorry, but I don't get this color combo at all; it doesn't say Snow and Charming to me at all.  There wasn't as much bar glitter in this and the black bars seemed stronger than the other colors, so there wasn't as much curling, but they still refused to lay flat.



This is You've Got Me Hooked - representing Captain Hook/Killian Jones.  I don't get the red, but the black fits and I'm guessing the blue is for his eyes.  Again, we see the tinted base and the curling, as I've noted with the previous black bars.





Finally, we see Regina - obviously for Regina Mills/Evil Queen.  I believe the green is for an outfit she wore as the Queen, but I see her more as a red color.  I'm a proud "Evil Regal" so I had high hopes for this...but I could see right off the bat (as you can see in the bottle shot) that there was some serious curling in that square glitter.  I had to fish a little to get the square on my nail, so if you don't mind not having them, this is pretty wearable.

As you can see, there were quite a few issues in this collection, but I like it anyway and I'll probably find a way to wear it.  You can buy this collection and others from BG Cosmetics website.

No comments:

Post a Comment